Transfusion Medicine for Physicians is an e-learning course developed by transfusion medicine subject experts in BC to promote standardized safe transfusion medicine practice among BC physicians and raise awareness of current best practices. Based on expert published guidelines and literature, this online course features interactive case studies that highlight important points that are common in daily clinical decision making.
This one hour online course consists of six 10-minute modules with accompanying references and resources to update and test practice knowledge in transfusion medicine. Modules may be completed at any time in any order, and may be completed at one or multiple sittings.
Who Should Take This Course:
• Emergency and Family physicians, hospitalists, internists, residents and surgeons
Overall Learning Objectives:
After participation in this course, the learner will:
1. Appropriately interpret clinical signs and symptoms of reduced oxygen carrying capacity and utilize hemoglobin concentration to determine need for RBC transfusion.
2. Be confident their RBC transfusion ordering practice is up to date and reflects current literature.
3. Apply the appropriate elements of informed consent for transfusion.
4. Appreciate the indirect relationship of common coagulation tests to bleeding risk and the role of frozen plasma transfusion.
5. Recognize and respond appropriately to adverse transfusion events or reactions.
6. Know where to seek further advice on transfusion management.
Click here to see Detailed Course Outline and Schedule
|How to Register
Register online at: https://learninghub.phsa.ca/
1. Log in (or sign up for an Account for new users)
Need help with registering? Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to register on the Learninghub.
|Questions? Contact PBCO at 604-675-3991|